I hope you’re having a fantastic start to 2018! In the spirit of the season, I’ve been thinking a lot about New Year’s resolutions. I don’t tend to make them since they don’t usually stick with us past January (at least for me). So, this year I’ve created a list of long-term goals instead of short-term resolutions. I can’t wait to share them with you guys so you can help stay accountable! Shoot me an email or a comment with your goals for 2018! I hope that my list can inspire you to create one as well! Here are my goals for 2018:
- Walk in God’s best: This means walking in my calling. Too often, we resist the call of God on our lives and pursue our own interests. This year it is my goal to embrace what God is trying to do in my life and walk in all that He has planned for my life. I want to turn away from anything that is not in His plans for my life and pursue the things of God without any hesitation.
- Let go of worry: God commands us not to be anxious. He knows everything that we will ever face and still tells us not to be anxious. Obviously, He knows a little more than we do! This year I want to let go of my stress and worry and focus on the Kingdom. We have the full ability to let go of worry because the things of this life are not eternal.
- Get out of my comfort zone: Walking in your calling is not going to be comfortable. I want to step outside of my bubble and be led by the Holy Spirit. I want to mature spiritually and grow in confidence. I want to be bolder. I want to spend more time declaring the things of God over my life and commanding mountains to move.
- Slow down: I want to spend less time on me and more time with Him. I want to spend less time being “busy” and spend more time lead by the Spirit. I want to be willing to give up my plans to do His work whenever He prompts me. God doesn’t work on our schedule, so I have to be willing to drop what I’m doing and follow Him.
- Live a life of constant worship: I want to do everything solely for the Lord. I want to walk in obedience and constantly meditate on His Word. I want to work for Him, serve for Him, give for Him, love others for Him, forgive for Him, as well as everything else in my life.
- Be a blessing: This year I want to give more, serve more, and love more. I want to show God’s glory through my actions and words. I want to speak life and pray for others every day. I want to share the Good News and reach those in need. I want to change the world for others by showing them the love of God.
- Experience exponential growth: I declare exponential growth in all areas of my life. But more specifically in my desire to serve the Lord, prayer life, giving, wisdom, and spiritual maturity.
There is a specific Scripture that the Lord gave me to stand on this year:
Psalm 16:8 “I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me.”
I know it’s not a coincidence that it aligns with every one of my goals. God gave me this specific verse to give me the strength to trust Him and His purposes and promises. He knows exactly what we need. Ask God where He is calling you this year! I challenge you to create goals to make this year the best yet! I declare a blessing over your life in the upcoming year!