We need to talk. This is serious. I’m talking to myself just as much as I am you, but we need to get this out in the open. You are someone’s wife. You may not be married yet, but you are set apart for a certain man, and you don’t want to regret your actions once you meet him. It would be a shame for your wedding day to be less enjoyable because you regret your past. Act like the wife that you are.
You have to be what you want to attract. If you want God’s best, then act like God’s best! Isn’t that what your future husband deserves? Doesn’t he deserve the best that God has for him? Yes!!! He does! And so do you! There are so many books, tweets, posts, and pins about dating and preparing yourself for your future husband. However, the best place to look for advice is right in the Bible. It says a lot about what kind of wife you should be. One of the best places to look for this advice is in Proverbs. It says that a good wife is a treasure. Proverbs 31 lists several traits of a good wife:
- A blessing
- Brings out the best in her husband
These are only a few of the traits of a good wife that the Bible describes. If you want to possess these traits as a wife, then you have to possess them as a single, a girlfriend, and a fiance. You are worth the wait, and so is your future husband. Never give a boyfriend everything. He may say that he will marry you one day, but no vows have been given and no commitments have been made. Here are some tips for acting like the wife that you are BEFORE you get married:
- Dress like you want other women to dress around your husband: Certain parts of your body are not meant to be shared with others. You wouldn’t want your husband to look at other women, so don’t give other men something to look at.
- Set boundaries and stick to them: There are certain boundaries that should never be crossed while you are dating. I know this is awkward to discuss, but if clothes are removed then you’ve already gone way too far. Set boundaries and never cross them. If he isn’t okay with boundaries, then he isn’t God’s best and he certainly isn’t worth compromising your morals and inviting into your marriage bed. The marriage bed is only meant for two people, there isn’t room for anyone else. Adding other people to this equation just sets you up for regret and disappointment.
- Seek guidance: Talk to trusted adults in your life. Ask them to hold you accountable and to help you stay on track. Ask them for tips and really listen.
- Don’t play with fire: Don’t put yourself in situations to compromise your future marriage. Don’t spend too much time alone. Dates in public are perfectly fine, but laying in your bed with your door closed is a recipe for DISASTER. Be smart and only put yourself in good situations. Don’t give the enemy the opportunity to tempt you. This is your marriage we’re talking about. This is a big deal. Don’t sabotage it by giving a boyfriend husband privileges
- Pray: Pray for your future husband and for your future as a wife. Pray that you have the strength to act like the wife you are called to be. Pray that you maintain your purity. Pray that your husband does the same and that he acts like the husband that he is called to be.
The bottom line is that you are a wife. You have to act like it. You have to be what you want. Husbands are called to lay down their lives for their wives, so you have to be a woman that is worth dying for.